Kudos Audio Five-Year Global Warranty Terms
Subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter, Kudos Audio Ltd (“Kudos”) offers an extended five-year warranty on parts and labour on all products purchased globally. Your Warranty start date will commence from the initial date of purchase and any product greater than five-years old from Kudos Audio ship date will require proof of purchase. This Warranty is transferable from owner to owner, includes ex-demonstration products and will remain with the product from the initial date of purchase for a five-year term.
To make a claim against a faulty product, please contact [email protected] with your proof of purchase and Warranty receipt email.
All Kudos products are guaranteed against faulty components and defective materials for a period of two years from the date of purchase. To activate your extended five-year Warranty, you must register your product with us within three-months of purchase.
How do I activate my extended five-year Warranty?
All Kudos products are guaranteed against faulty components and defective materials for a period of two years from the original date of purchase. To activate your extended Warranty you must register your Kudos product within three-months of your original purchase. These terms include demonstration stock purchased by an authorised Kudos retailer.
What is included in this Warranty?
If a Kudos product is defective in normal domestic use due to a fault in materials or workmanship, Kudos will at its discretion either repair or replace it free of charge (subject to the following), within a reasonable time after such product is returned to Kudos Audio. All works must be carried out by Kudos or an authorised Kudos retailer/distributor only.
This Warranty covers the cost of parts and associated labour required to correct such defects in materials or workmanship intimated to your retailer or Kudos during a period of five-years from the initial date of purchase.
What is excluded from this Warranty?
This Warranty does NOT cover:
- damage to Kudos products while in possession of a shipper, retailer, or consumer and not caused by defects in materials or workmanship;
- damage to Kudos products arising due to or from normal wear and tear;
- damage or defects caused by abnormal or unreasonable use (including repairs or alterations of products by a person other than Kudos or its nominated repair centres);
- damage, defects, deterioration, malfunction or failure to meet performance specifications resulting from (i) accident, acts of nature, misuse, abuse, neglect or unauthorised product modification, (ii) improper installation, removal or maintenance, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product, (iii) repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorised by Kudos to repair the product, (iv) shipment of the product (claims to be presented to your retailer to be passed on to the carrier), (v) any cause other than a product defect due to a fault in materials or workmanship;
- discolouration or bleaching of cabinet due to sun or heat damage or extreme conditions;
- cleaning, initial set-up, check-ups with no defects found, or charges incurred for installation of the product;
- any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed;
- accessories, including cables;
- products which are subjected to internal modifications or upgrades not supported by Kudos or which use non-Kudos approved parts.
What Kudos will do and pay for if you qualify for this Warranty coverage and how Kudos will provide the required service.
Kudos will pay for all parts and labour covered by this Warranty. You must pay for all shipping charges if it is necessary to return the product to Kudos or an authorised Kudos retailer/distributor. However, if the required repairs are covered by this Warranty, Kudos will pay for the shipping from Kudos Audio Ltd back to any authorised retailer. Whenever warranty service is required for any product greater than five-years old from the Kudos ship date you must present the original dated sales receipt or other proof of purchase. If your claim is not covered by this Warranty, you must pay all shipping charges and arrange appropriate insurance. In the event that a drive unit becomes faulty, it must be returned to Kudos for examination. Once the drive unit has been verified as faulty, a new one will be issued. Failure to return the faulty drive unit will result in you being invoiced for the part.
How do you get your Kudos product serviced?
If you think that your product needs to be serviced, contact your original retailer who will advise you regarding packing your product if you are required to return your product. Most simple faults can be corrected by your retailer so do not return your product to Kudos without consulting your retailer or receiving approval from Kudos.
How do you transfer the extended Warranty?
The Warranty is transferrable from owner to owner and is valid from the original purchase date. To transfer a Warranty please email [email protected] with your full name, address, product serial number and proof of purchase.
You have legal rights as a consumer under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods which this Warranty is given without prejudice to and does not affect. Nothing herein shall be construed as an express or implied warranty in respect of the future performance of any Kudos product (including any product or replacement product which is regulated, adjusted, repaired or replaced by Kudos under this Warranty).
- All implied Warranties, including the Warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose are limited to the duration of this Warranty. Upon expiration of this Warranty all implied Warranties, including the Warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed.
- All consequential and incidental damages are hereby disclaimed and excluded.
- Some Countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some Countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from Country to Country.
- The restrictions in this Warranty shall not apply where void.
Last updated 1st April 2021.